Privacy and Cookies Policy
At Influence Limited we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Please note that additional provisions relating to the safeguarding of personal data shall apply to paying customers under our standard terms of service. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information that we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data;
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase;
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services;
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information;
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products;
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email (where you have provided your email address to us for this purpose). We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable the
Storing your personal data
In operating our website and services it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer;
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information;
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and from 25 May 2018 onwards, the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
You can contact us using the details below to:
- request access to your information;
- ask that we update, complete or correct your information;
- ask that we erase or restrict our use of your information;
- request that we provide your information to you in a commonly used electronic format and to have that information transmitted directly to another organisation (this is known as the right to data portability);
- object to our using your information in certain circumstances – for example, to see how you use our website and our services, and to understand your behaviour and identify and link the devices you use to you.
If you are concerned about how your information is used or have any other queries regarding the Policy, please contact us at FAO Data Protection Officer, Influence Limited, Riverbridge House, Guildford Road, Leatherhead, Surrey. KT22 9AD, or email to email@example.com